Please take a few minutes to go through the different sections on this page. If we have just confirmed your assignment, please focus on sections 1 and 2 as these include essential forms required to process your assignment. You may refer to sections 3 & 4 once travel is booked to get more information on orientation documents to prepare for your assignment
Section 1: Forms that Must be Returned
These are the forms that your recruiter MUST have back before you begin your assignment. Please note that some links will automatically download to your downloads folder:
- Volunteer Travel Information Form
- Volunteer Release – US citizens
- Addendum to the Volunteer Release
- Medical clearance form
- Banking information form
- Scanned copy of your passport and Covid-19 vaccination card: Email to Chi Olisemeka
- References – Please copy this link and send it to 3 of your chosen references: F2F Uganda References link
- Please let your recruiter know if you plan to add any personal days to your assignment dates. More details on adding personal days to your assignment can be found here.
Section 2: Visa & Assignment expenses
- Uganda Visa Application Guide
Note: Apply for visa at least 2 weeks in advance of your travel. Once visa is approved, kindly email your operations specialist. If there are any issues, we ask that you promptly inform your Operations Specialist.
- US Volunteer F2F Expense & Reimbursement Form
Note: Please read this document in its entirety since it includes important information on what costs CRS covers directly, reimburses volunteers for, what are non-reimbursable expenses, and how to submit your reimbursements. CRS is not responsible for any volunteer costs incurred that are not in compliance with the information shared below.
Section 3: Insurance, Safety & Security
Please review the information in the links below once your assignment is confirmed and at least two weeks prior to your departure date. These important documents include information about the situation “on the ground” and your insurance processes so that you are best prepared for your assignment.
COVID Resources & information:
- Ensure you travel with the original copies of your Yellow Fever and Covid-19 vaccination cards. Both are checked upon arrival.
Section 4: Country program information
Section 5: Assignment resources
Section 6: Connection platform & Resources
Section 7: Non-CRS Resources Language, History, and Culture